Sometimes it is necessary to setup a document/form library up in SharePoint to allow a user to only documents created by the end user. Here are the steps I completed to accomplish this:
Here is the procedure for re-linking the Access Views so they display accurate information. (This procedure assumes you are using Microsoft Access 2007)
* The Access View points to an Access Document in a Document Library on your SharePoint site. Find the specific Access document and move it to the appropriate Document Library.
* Open the newly moved Access document in Edit mode.
* Once Access it open, Right Click on one of the List Tables listed under the All Tables. Select Sharepoint List Options.
* In Sharepoint List Options, select Relink Lists. (NOTE: Relink Lists can also be found by clicking the External Data Tab)
* Type in the name of the New Sharepoint site where you new Lists are located. Click Get lists.
If you are trying to install Windows 2003 x64 on VMware EXS 3.5 and experience the following error:
“Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause… File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe Status: 0xc000035a Info: Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode.”
Here is the solution for this issue.
If you are upgrading to Windows 7 and plan on running VMware’s vSphere client, you may experience the following error when you try to run the app:
“Error parsing the server “
After you click OK, you may see the following message:
“The type initializer for ‘VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.HttpWebRequestProxy’ threw an exception.”
Here is a summary of what was needed to make vSphere Client work properly on Windows 7 32bit.
If you experience the following error while trying to search in SharePoint WSS 3.0:
“Your search cannot be completed because this site is not assigned to an indexer”
Perform these steps to correct the issue:
It was necessary to update the SSL Certificate on our Exchange 2007 server so Webaccess email would work properly. I have always struggled with SSL Certificates. We ended up getting our SSL Certificate through GlobalSign. They have 2 pages on their support section that did a good job of detailing the steps for installing SSL certificates on Exchange 2007.
Here is an easy way of listing the mailbox sizes for everyone on your Exchange 2007 mail server.
I am testing DimDim’s virtrual meeting software. DimDim is very similar to GoToMeeting and WebEX. My first test was somewhat disappointing. After you setup your account, you can host a meeting. After clicking Host Meeting, DimDim performs an automatic test of your software. My computer failed the Browser Support Test.