WordPress is a fantastic blogging platform to work with. The thousands of themes and plugins make customization of your site very easy. With the release of WordPress 3.0 we were introduced to the new theme Twenty Ten. It is a basic theme with basic customization and flexibility. By default the theme adds “Proudly Powered by WordPress” on the bottom of all your pages and posts. I am all for supporting WordPress and promoting their product but sometimes you want a clean look.
To remove “Proudly Powered by WordPresss” from the Twenty Ten theme perform the following steps:
- Log onto your WordPress Admin Page.
- Expand Appearance in the left menu bar.
- Click on Editor.
- In Editor click on Footer (footer.php) in the right list.
- footer.php will be displayed in the editor.
- Remove the following code from footer.php (the code is located near the end of the file)
- Click the Update button