If you are upgrading to Windows 7 and plan on running VMware’s vSphere client, you may experience the following error when you try to run the app:
“Error parsing the server “
After you click OK, you may see the following message:
“The type initializer for ‘VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.HttpWebRequestProxy’ threw an exception.”
Here is a summary of what was needed to make vSphere Client work properly on Windows 7 32bit.
- Download the following file:
- Create a folder named Lib in Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrasturcture Client\Launcher\
- Copy System.dll to c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\Lib\
- Rename VpxClient.exe.config in c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\ to whatever you choose.
- Copy downloaded VpxClient.exe.config to c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\
- Using Notepad, create a file named VpxCleint.cmd. This file should contain the following information:
- SET DEVPATH=%ProgramFiles%\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\Lib “%ProgramFiles%\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe”
- Save the newly created file to c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\
Use this file to open the vSphere app instead of the one created by the vSphere client install.